STAY ONE STEP AHEAD OF POTENTIAL DISASTERS
Prepare yourself before disaster strikes.
When it comes to data backup and disaster recovery (BDR), being prepared for potential disasters (either natural or cyber) is key to keep your business running. It’s not only important to have a disaster recovery solution you trust, but to make sure you test it as well. Keep this DR checklist (compliments of datto) on hand.
Prior to a disaster ever occurring (and unfortunately it’s a matter of when and not if) ask yourself the following:
The disaster moment has occurred—time to walk through the following
1. Assess the problem and its impact on your business. Every disaster is different. Before doing anything, understand the underlying
issue and how it may affect you.
2. Establish recovery goals. Recovery is what makes a BDR solution different from a simple backup product. Plan out your road to recovery.
3. Select the appropriate recovery type(s) To get to your “road to recovery”, the appropriate recovery procedure must be followed. Think about which approach will best get you to your end goal.
File restore OR Local virtualization OR Off-site virtualization.
4. Verify the recovery and confirm functionality with users. Once a recovery is verified, confirm that it interacts positively with users.
5. Restore the original system(s), if needed
If the original system(s) needs to be restored, decide which restoration process
will work best.
6. Self-assess afterwards. After it’s all said and done, take a step back and think about it: How well did your team do? What could you have done differently?
If you need assistance with backup and recovery contact DarkHound Sec Ops at [email protected].